Sunday, March 9, 2014

Planting a Garden & Planning a Menu

My family and I spent the day yesterday doing some serious spring cleaning in our yard.  Boy did it need it... Between the broken plastic toys, leaves, weeds, and overgrown bushes it was a full day's work.  We also tilled up the soil in our garden bed and got our garden planted.  I took some pictures of how the garden turned out. 

Last year I planted a tomato in one of my big pots because I ran out of room in my garden bed.  It did the best out of all four plant,s (I think it had the most sun) so this year I planted one in each of my pots.  

Yes, there is a lot of empty space between the herbs & strawberries.  That's where the lettuce, carrots, beets and kale were planted.  I'll take some more pics when I have some sprouts.
Lily Claire loves strawberries, so we're giving them a try this year.
For some reason my parsley made it through the winter and looks great.  I had to replant rosemary, basil and thyme though.  I love to use fresh herbs in my recipes!

This little saying made me smile, and the tutorial I found on Ella Claire Inspired was fun to try.

Now on to more fun stuff, like planning my weekly menu.  I'm trying a new recipe for Shrimp Scampi and I'm in the mood for this favorite of mine - Chicken Tortilla Soup.


I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!  I'm looking forward to starting a new week and sharing new recipes and ideas with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!