Friday, March 21, 2014

Bed Time for Baby

This is just a little snippet of a post I wrote on my personal Facebook page this week.  We've had a rough time over the last month with sick kiddos around here and bedtime has been particularly hard.  As many of you with little kids know, when your kids are sick, it's a powerless feeling and you wish you could take it all away and make it better.  You  find yourself doing desperate things when you've only slept for two hours...

I sat by the side of my two year olds toddler bed tonight, her hands tightly clasped around mine, waiting and hoping for that miracle of sleep... Slowly her breathing deepening, her grip lightening...Slowly, slowly inching my hand out from between hers, only to find that my pants were making a rustling noise that was waking her from her slumber. So I did what any self respecting parent would do and shed the pants, slowly crawling across the floor, praying to make it to the door... Only to hear "Mommy, you come back? I love you."

I know many of you can relate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!