Thursday, October 17, 2013

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

I may have mentioned it before, but my 22 month old daughter is seriously allergic to eggs.  This can make baking a bit of a challenge, since most cakes, cookies, muffins and other baked goods usually call for eggs.  I stumbled upon a recipe similar to this on Pintrest about a year ago.  It called for one can of pumpkin and one boxed yellow cake mix.  I tried it and was surprised to find it was pretty good.  For any of you who shop at Trader Joe's (can you tell I love that place?) you'll know that all their pumpkin goodies are on the shelves right now.  I figured I'd try mixing the pumpkin bread & a can of pumpkin together to see how it turned out.  We loved it!  It is fun to be able to give my daughter a special treat that I made for her!  Technically they may not be considered truly vegan since the box states that the ingredients were made on equipment shared with dairy & eggs, but there are no added dairy or eggs in these muffins!  I promise even if you are not vegan, they are delicious.  My only suggestion is eat them the day you make them or they start to dry out.  That's not a problem at my house since I made them this morning and only have 2 left!! 


These are the only 2 ingredients!


Sorry for the blurry picture! I was hungry! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!