Thursday, October 31, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf

Taking a picture of meatloaf is more complicated than I thought it would be!  It's not the prettiest looking meal I've ever made, but it tastes great!  I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think!
 
Ingredients:
1lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
2 tbs of sundried tomatoes in olive oil
2 tbs of the oil the sundried tomatoes are packed in
2 tbs of feta cheese crumbles
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup whole milk
4 or 5 basil leaves
1 tsp salt
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
 
Directions:
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.  While oven is pre-heating place ground turkey in a bowl.  Add sundried tomatoes, oil, feta, milk, garlic and spices to the bowl.  Begin gently combining ingredients with one hand.  With your clean hand begin adding panko until the mixture holds together enough to form a loaf.  For me it took about 1/2 a cup of panko, but you may need a little more or less depending on how moist your meat is.  Form your loaf on a sheet pan coated with non-stick spray.  Place in oven and bake for about 1 hour.  I served my meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes and arugula salad. 
 
Please note this meatloaf does not have an egg in it, which is why I added the oil from the sundried tomatoes and the whole milk.  My daughter has a severe egg allergy and I had to adapt this recipe so she could eat it too!  If you prefer to add an egg to your meatloaf you may find that you do not need to add as much of the milk or oil, or you may need to add more breadcrumbs.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!