Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chicken & Vegetable Curry

I can make this recipe faster than it takes my husband to get to the Thai House and back!


I use these types of curry that I bought at the Asian market. They cost $1.99 each and have lasted me for over 2 months, and I make curry almost every week.

Ingredients:
1 12oz bag of mixed vegetables (I used carrots & broccoli)
1 red potato cut into 1" chunks
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into one inch chunks
1 tbs yellow curry paste
1 tsp red curry paste
1 1/2 cans of coconut milk
1/2 cup of water
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Directions:
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat add vegetable oil and curry paste.  I like the combination of the two, the yellow is sweeter and the red gives a kick.  When the paste starts to soften and melt into the oil, about 1 minute, add one and a half cans of coconut milk, water and chicken.  Season with salt and sugar and reduce heat until just simmering.  After about 7 minutes add the vegetables and continue to cook until fork tender (less than 5 minutes) and serve over white or brown rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!