Monday, June 2, 2014

Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

This isn't the first time that I have posted a recipe for Chicken Salad on my blog, but it is the first time I've put it in a lettuce cup! {Fantastic decision, I promise!}  Usually I serve this on toasted whole wheat bread or in a spinach tortilla, but this lighter version keeps the calorie count down! {And for those of us brave enough to put on a bathing suit this summer, you might be looking for ways to cut a few calories!}  I hope you love this cool refreshing salad as much as I did!  Enjoy!




Ingredients for dressing:
1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
1 tbs of pesto (I really like the kirklannd brand from Costco)
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp of sea salt
black pepper to taste

Ingredients for salad:
1 large cooked chicken breast cut into 1" cubes (I use a rotisserie chicken)
1 cup of red grapes sliced in half
1/2 cup golden raisins
3 stalks of celery sliced thinly
1/4 cup of pecans roughly chopped (or thinly sliced almonds)
1 small head of romaine or butter lettuce washed, dried and core removed.

Directions:
Combine ingredients for dressing in a large bowl and whisk well.  Add the chicken, grapes, raisins, celery and almonds.  Toss well and serve in lettuce cups. (I like to garnish with a little extra almonds.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!