Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions

As much as I love cooking, I have a confession to make... I have never made a Thanksgiving dinner myself. Not because I couldn't do it, but because I don't have to! I'm one of those lucky people who don't have to travel over the holidays. I live 10 minutes away from my parents and Old Papa, as my girls like to call him.  My mom's house is much larger than mine and her kitchen has two ovens and 10x's the counter space. She is also a fantastic cook! I learned how to cook from watching her prepare meals all through my childhood.  As I have gotten older I have taken on a few of the side dishes, but the main meal is still my mom's traditional Thanksgiving Feast.  So as I sit here, thinking about all the things I am thankful for, the most important thing to me, is family.  I am so blessed to be celebrating such an important holiday tomorrow with my parents, Old Papa, Uncle Hank, my girls and my husband.  I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving Day and a wonderful Feast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!