Monday, March 12, 2018

Peel & Stick Subway Tile Backsplash

For years I have wanted a new kitchen.  But its not realistic and not happening any time soon.  I felt bitter about this and just lived with how it was for years.  Then, one day, I decided that even if I couldn't afford to remodel my kitchen, that didn't mean that I couldn't spend a little money to make it a more aesthetically pleasing space.  We spend a ton of time in this room.  I cook here, my kids eat here, do their homework, I blog here...

kitchen backsplash, tile

Slowly I have made a few changes and they have made a big impact on how I feel about this space.  Covering my counter tops in contact paper, made a huge difference.  A new window treatment helped, but one of my favorite changes was a project I undertook this weekend.  Peel and stick backsplash.

subway tile, peel and stick tile

I found these peel and stick tiles on Amazon.  They were $42.97 cents for 10 tiles and they made a huge impact!  They are really easy to put up, but a little tricky around the outlets.  Make sure you have a very sharp utility knife if you give this a go!  Other than that, the directions were great, and this took about an hour to do.  I love the outcome and I feel so much happier spending time in this room now!

kitchentile, subway tile


Do you have any affordable tips for updating a kitchen? I'd love to hear your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!