Friday, August 8, 2014

Done with Diapers

Several months ago I wrote a couple of posts about why I chose to use cloth diapers on my little one, Ella.  Now that we are pretty much done with diapers, I started reflecting on the experience.  You can read about the reason I chose to use cloth here and you can read about caring for cloth here!  But, I can sum everything up for you right here! :)  My youngest daughter has really sensitive skin and was constantly suffering from bad diaper rash.  Also, diapers are expensive and I was looking for a way to solve both of those problems.

We were lucky enough to have my mom purchase Ella a 6 pack of Fuzzibunz when she was around 8 months old.  I was hooked right away.  The bright colors, the soft lining, just so cute!  I loved the adjustable fit and they were a great investment for us.  We ended up adding about 12 more to our stash for a grand total of 18 diapers.  I exclusively used cloth for about a year.  However, as she got older and bigger we gradually had more issues with fit and leaks.  Still, a year of not adding diaper pollution to the environment, avoiding all the discomfort of diaper rash, ect. totally made it worth it to me.  The last few months we have been using pull-ups.  Mostly because Ella was using her little potty during the day and they were easier for her to get on and off by herself.

Then, it really seemed to happen so fast, she decided panties with princesses, and the toilet that flushes were the way to go.  I forgot to put a pull up on her one night this week and she made it through the entire night without an accident.  The last few nights she didn't want a pull up, so I figured it was time to see how she'd do without one.  Well, we just made it through the third night with no accidents.  So, I'm pretty sure we're done with diapers.  I'm sure we'll have accidents here and there, but I have to say, not buying pull ups, or washing cloth anymore it pretty exciting stuff for me!

Look how grown up she is! She got a hair cut this week too!


Excuse how blurry it is, its a phone shot, but that smile was too cute not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!