Friday, August 1, 2014

Love, Hate with Legos

For us, school starts back in 13 days.  Yes I'm doing the count down.  13 days until my daughter starts 1st grade.  This year she will have a full day of school.  That means I have approximately 6 hours without her here.  That means I have 6 hours with a two year old.  By. My. Self.  This both excites me and terrifies me. But before we get to that, let's talk about how the end of our summer is winding down.  Let's talk Legos. All kids have them, right? My daughter got a few new sets for her birthday last month.  She loves them.  But let's be real here.  I hate them and love them.  Here's why:

1. I love the fact that both of my girls love to play with them.
2. I love the fact that they can create homes, parks, play structures, the sky's the limit on their imagination.
3. I hate the tiny pieces that have somehow made their way around my house.
4. I hate that there are millions of pieces, literally, and yet they still manage to fight over them!  Seriously, there is another piece just like it right in front of you.
5. They hurt like a bitch, um I mean it hurts a lot when you step on them.
6. I hate that they never get cleaned up.
7. I am puzzled over how they manage to end up in the shower and the laundry.
8. They are not made to take with you to the store, which is infuriating to a two year old.

So there you have it folks.  Legos.  Tell me, what do you think about Legos?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!