Wednesday, January 8, 2020

New Year, New Home

Happy New Year friends!

I've been working on this blog post for about a week now, and I'm finally finishing it up today.  Having the kids home during Christmas break was wonderful, but it didn't leave a lot of free time for writing.  I'm making it my New Year's goal to get back to blogging at least once a week.  And in my first blog post of the year I have some big news to share!  We moved!!  I've been wanting to share this news for a while, but honestly, there were several days when I just didn't think it was going to happen.  Our lender and our mortgage broker dropped the ball several times, the holidays had multiple people on vacation that were necessary to complete this process, there were issues with the closing documents... You name it, it happened.  But, it did HAPPEN!  I can't wait to share it all with you because, (surprise, surprise) it's a Fixer Upper!!  I know, you probably saw that coming.  But I want to start today's post with some great before pictures of the living room and dining room.






As you can see, it really needed some love!  I can't wait to show you what we've accomplished so far, but for now, I want to walk you through what drew me to this home.  The beams!  Aren't they amazing?  They give this space so much character.  But, the dark wood, on wood, on wood, was just too much for me, so we made some pretty huge changes.  The fireplace in the living room also got a pretty big facelift.  And can we talk about that chandelier?  I couldn't even give it away!  I'm telling you, big, big changes happened and I can't wait to share them all with you! 

Want a sneak peek and more before photos?  Check them out over on Instagram @lilyseclaires or  Lily's E'Claires on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!