Monday, August 25, 2014

Leftovers

So here's a little secret... I'm not a big fan of leftovers.  I mean sure, in a pinch I'll reheat last night's dinner. But in an ideal world, I would prefer to have something new and exciting to eat at every meal. This actually works to my husband's advantage, sense he loves leftovers and gets to take them to work for his lunch. At lunchtime today I opened the fridge, and to be honest there wasn't much in there.  Tomorrow is our big Costco trip, so I needed to clean out the old produce and get things in order.  I also happened to be hungry, so I put this together really fast.

I have previously posted a recipe for Fried Rice here, and I just threw a few things together this time. I didn't actually write a recipe, but I wanted to inspire you to get creative and use up some leftovers!

I happened to have a small tupperware of white rice that was "leftover" from the Butter Chicken that I made earlier in the week.  I also had some shredded carrots, a head of cabbage, a nearly empty bag of frozen peas, some pancetta... This literally came together in just a couple of minutes.  It was really tasty too!  If you're looking for a fast meal, check out what's in your fridge!  I bet you can come up with your own version of Fried Rice that will be just as yummy as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!