Tuesday, May 27, 2014

New Bedding

My mom and I are alike in so many ways, which happens to be fine by me, as she is one of my favorite people!  I have learned so much from her, a love of cooking, decorating, gardening...  One {of many} things that I seem to have inherited is the desire to switch up my bedding when the seasons change.  Since it is full on hot around here in Northern California, this past weekend I decided it was once again time to make a switch.

I found this light weight quilt and sham set at IKEA.  I loved that it was cool enough that we could still have a blanket when the Delta Breeze is in effect, but not stifling when the thermometer doesn't drop below 70 degrees at night.  The duvet and sham set {also IKEA} in the floral pattern is totally unnecessary, as far as needing warmth, for the time being, but I loved how the pattern really tied in the grey from the quilt and gave the room a touch of "pretty".  I happened to find the throw pillow at TJ MAXX and knew it would be the anchor and theme to the room.

I love the results.  So much cooler, light, airy and just a touch feminine {without being over the top}!



I hope you all had a great three day weekend and were able to do something you love!  I'll be back tomorrow with more recipes!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!