Thursday, May 29, 2014

Banana "Ice Cream"

I can't remember where I heard about this sweet treat, but I thought I'd give it a try for myself.

All you need are a few frozen bananas and a food processor.  I happened to have some bananas the other day that were on the verge of turning brown.  I peeled them and stuck them in a ziptop bag in the freezer. There were 4 bananas all together.



When you want to make your "ice cream" just take the bananas out of the freezer and toss them in your food processor, and let it go to town.  It takes a few minutes, but eventually you get this creamy consistency.


Ella baby can't eat regular ice cream because of her egg allergy.


 She doesn't usually like bananas so I was skeptical.  But...


I drizzled a little chocolate syrup over the "ice cream".



As you can see, she loved it!  Looks like this will be our new "go to" summertime treat!

The only thing I'd do differently is chop the bananas into 1" pieces before I freeze them.  I think it would be a little easier on my food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!