Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Upholstered Headboard


Oh friends, I am feeling lucky today!  I should buy a lottery ticket, that's how lucky I'm feeling! Okay, here's my bargain story... I have been in love with upholstered head boards for years.  Years!  I have poured over magazines filled with beautiful headboards, lusted after linen at fabric stores, thinking it would be perfect for a headboard, cut out pictures from Restoration Hardware catalogs, scoured CraigsList... Even obsessed over DIY plans and considered making one.  For. Years.

Last night I was searching FaceBook's online yard sale sites for some baby items we are still in need of, and I saw it.  The headboard of my dreams, listed for sale for $75.  Since the date posted was the previous day I assumed there was no way it was still available, plus it probably wasn't the right size, we have a Cal King bed, but I pm'd the seller anyway, and low and behold it had not sold.  And it was a Cal King.  It was like a golden light shone down from the heavens and violins struck a cord, that's how excited I got.

I offered to pick it up first thing in the morning and the seller agreed.  I planned to drop the kiddos off at preschool, take the car seats out of my SUV and head over to her house, which happened to be within a mile of my own, and swoop it up before the seller changed her mind and realized that it was amazing, beautiful and perfect and she must be insane to get rid of it!!

To further my good luck, the seller contacted me first thing this morning and said her husband thought it would be easier if he put it in his truck and drive it over so he didn't have to take the legs off to fit it in my car.  Um, yes!!!  Awesome! Anything to avoid taking the car seats out I'm down for. (You hear me moms, we know how inconvenient this is!)

Anyway, he promptly dropped this beauty off and I couldn't get it in my room and set up fast enough! What do you think???  I'm in love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!