Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Restaurant Review

Last night my family, children included, went out to dinner at Yard House for my brother-in law's birthday.  I had not eaten here before, and as a mother of a child with food allergies, I wanted to research my daughter's food options before we arrived (they had several items she could and likes to eat).  Based on the prices, location and Yelp review, I expected it to be a pleasant evening out.  (At least as pleasant as any meal out with a two year old can be!) As it was a Tuesday night and we arrived early, 6pm, we were seated promptly, which was great!  Our waitress promptly brought our water and took our drink orders and was very attentive.

Orders were placed and side salads arrived almost immediately, followed very shortly by our main entrees.  My daughters ordered the kids cheese pizza with fruit and the macaroni and cheese with french fries.  They were very pleased with their meals and ate nicely.  My husband said the steak sandwich was good, my brother-in-law enjoyed his steak and shrimp and my father-in-law liked his scallops.

The problem was my food... I ordered the Lobster Garlic Noodles.  They were so salty that I could not eat them.  I have only sent a meal back one other time in my life (33 years) so I don't want you to get the idea that I am particularly picky at restaurants.  Yes, I love food and love to cook, but I hate to send back food. But, in this case, I could NOT eat it, and for $23, I really expected better.

The waitress was very sweet and took the food back right away.  She brought me another menu and asked me to choose a replacement and they would rush my food.  The manager came out and apologized as well. The service really was exemplary.  By the time she came back and I was able to select another option, however, my children and the rest of my family were completely done with their food.  I felt uncomfortable ordering another entree because everyone would then be waiting on me, so I ordered a side of the truffle french fries, thinking they wouldn't take long.  About 10 minutes later they arrived, and by that time my kids were DONE.  They weren't screaming or misbehaving, yet... But again, with a two year old, its only a matter of time... I was able to manage to eat a few fries quickly and avoid disaster.

This may seem like a rant and rave against the restaurant, however it's not.  The problem lied in the main dish being over salted.  The wait staff was professional and kind and offered to replace the food free of charge.  If I had not been in a hurry, I'm sure that the experience would have been more positive.  I'm definitely willing to give this restaurant another try, but, in the mean time I'm really wishing I could have had some Lobster Garlic Noodles...

I may have to settle on one of my favorite homemade dishes instead!

Langostino Mac & Cheese
If you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!