Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Morning

Since having kids, I no longer am able to sleep in on the weekends.  You see, kids don't care if you want one more hour or one more minute, when they are awake they expect you to be awake.  Period.  But, even though I don't get to sleep in, I do have some traditions on Sunday that even the kids know not to mess with. Sunday morning I get the TV.  That means, no Frozen, no Lorax, no Toy Story 3... It's mine, don't ask, go away!  Sunday I watch cooking shows.  All week I DVR my favorite cooking shows and on Sunday morning, I catch up.  I also plan my menu for the week, since my husband takes his father to the grocery store on Sunday afternoons and can pick up any of the items that I need.

I also love to spend a few minutes looking for inspiration on Pinterest.  Like many of us, sometimes I get stuck in a "culinary" rut.  I find that I frequently re-make the same meals, especially if it is something I know my family will eat.  One of the reasons that I love Pinterest so much is because the photos of the food always look sooo good!  This week, I am challenging myself to try some new recipes that are a bit out of my comfort zone.  I will share the recipes with you, and hopefully you will give them a try too!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday traditions!  Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!