Thursday, January 16, 2014

Quesadillas

On Monday I posted the recipe for Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  They were sooo good!  The roast I used to make them was a pretty big roast so I had enough to make something else.  Since we all love Carnitas around here I figured I'd use the rest of the meat to make something with a mexican flare.  I didn't realize that taking a good picture of a quesadilla would be difficult.  I'm still working on my photography skills... Anyway here's a few pictures of the steps to put the quesadillas together.  I promise they were delicious and an excellent way to use up the leftover pork!  Enjoy!



I stored the leftover pork in a tupperware.  It was still mostly in large chucks so I broke it apart a little.
I heated a skillet and added a little olive oil and browned up the meat a little.
See how the meat browns up and carmelizes?

Do you have one of these?  I love using it for quesadillas.  You don't have to worry about flipping them because it cooks on both sides!
I sauteed up a little of the pepper/onion mix from Trader Joe's that I'm so fond of and layered up cheese, carnitas and peppers.  I put another tortilla on the top, but I wanted you to see what it looked like before I covered it.

Not the best photo, but I cut them into triangles and served with avocado, salsa and sour cream.

Ingredients:
Leftover pork (or any protein you like, black beans are perfect if want to make these vegetarian)
4 flour tortillas (depending on how many people you are feeding, 4 was perfect for 2 adults)
Shredded 3 cheese blend
1/2 a bag of sauteed peppers & onions (Trader Joe's)
olive oil
Salsa
Sour Cream
Avocado

Directions:
Heat skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and pork.  Continue to cook until browned (see photos above).  Cook peppers and onions in a non-stick skillet until completely heated through.  Heat your griddler or non-stick pan and place a tortilla in the pan/skillet.  Add cheese, meat & peppers, then a little more cheese so everything will stick together.  Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.  Cut into triangles and serve with salsa, sour cream & avocado.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!