Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fun Valentine's Day Crafts

The kids and I have been working on some fun crafts for Valentine's Day around here.  On Monday we stopped by Michael's Craft Store and picked up a kit to make a banner and a few other things.


The banner was pretty self explanatory and came with everything you needed to make it.  The kids helped me glue the pieces together and we just taped the twine to the back of each flag.  These kits were 40% off so I figured it would cost more for me to buy all the fancy paper and make it myself than to just buy the kit. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

One thing I really wanted to do this year was have a "tree" with pretty decorations on it.  I ended up finding some cute tags with a v-day theme.
I just used an ink pen to write some sweet sayings and a few favorite quotes from loves songs.
I used twine to hang them, but ribbon would be pretty too.  Lily Claire really loved hanging them on the branches.
I bought the pussy willow (or footsy willow as my daughter calls it!) at the farmer's market last spring for $10.  I've used it in every arrangement (I change them seasonally) since then, so it lasted really well.  I used a few branches from my backyard to fill it in a little more and so there would be something to hang the tags from.

This arrangement sits on my entryway table and it's a little dark in that part of my house.  I have raised ceilings that are very dark wood in the dining/living room, so it is difficult to get good pictures.

I had enough tags and flags leftover to make a second banner so I'm working on one for my best friend.  I "made over" her hutch last summer and don't have any good pictures of it, so when she puts her banner up, I'll have her take a few so I can share them with you.

Be on the lookout for my {fondue for four} recipe coming up tomorrow!  It would make a fantastic romantic dinner for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!