Monday, January 27, 2014

A Summer Wardrobe {For a Six Year Old!}

I've talked a lot about buying clothes for my children at thrift stores, but really it can't be said enough.  I think it's absolutely ridiculous to pay full retail price for children's clothes.  Today I am going to show you the pictures of everything I bought over the weekend, with the price tags from the thrift store.

First here's a few of my tips for thrifty finds:

  • Buy a size or two larger than your child currently is.
  • Look for quality.  I know that my favorite brands to buy second hand are Gymboree & Gap.  I can eliminate most of the stock at a thrift store by sticking to what I know is quality and wears well on my kids.
  • Shop frequently.  Don't expect to find exactly what you are looking for the first time.  To find the best stuff I really need to shop frequently.
  • Be open minded.  I happened to luck out and found a ton of stuff that was exactly what I was looking for, but more often than not I'll come home with a coat two sizes bigger than my daughter wears.  Or, jeans in July.  If I know she needs them come fall and they are a bargain I snatch them up when I see them!
Here are the pictures of my finds from this trip:
Gap Kids Capri Pants $2.99
Gymboree Shorts 4 Pairs .99-$2.99

Gymboree Capri Pants $2.99

Gymboree Skirt $2.99
Gymboree Jeans $3.99
Gymboree Top $2.99 & Shorts $1.99
Gymboree Shorts $2.99
Gymboree Tank Top $2.99
Gymboree Skirt $2.99
Gymboree Vest $3.99

Gymboree Top $2.99 & Shorts $1.99

Here's my actual receipt. 

I hope this inspires you to find some good deals!  Have any questions?  Comment below or send me an email!  I love to hear from my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!