Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Help

I've been thinking about my style today.  The past few weeks, while Lily Claire has been on winter break, I've been rocking the paint spattered, sweatpants with uggs, no make-up, messy hair look.  Okay, let's be honest, that's usually what I look like in the mornings when I walk her to school too.  While I generally don't worry about what anyone thinks of me, I may have gone too far down the road of sloppiness this time.  Why would I think that, you might ask? Well, I was mistaken for my mom's "help" the other day.  No, really it happened.  And it was a family member, who should have recognized me.

If you follow my blog then you may be aware that my grandfather recently passed away after being ill for quite some time.  There have been a lot of people stopping by my parents house to bring flowers, plants, cards ect.  I happened to be there with my girls one afternoon last week.  I was getting ready to take the girls home when "cousin" happened to stop by with flowers.  I arranged them in a vase for my mom and told her I'd see her tomorrow (Christmas Eve) as I headed out the door with my kids.  "Cousin" asked "Does your help come every day? And you're alright with her bringing her kids?"

Yep, mistaken for the help... Could have something to do with my outfit... To be fair, it's not like I was at Nordstrom.  I'd been painting all morning and didn't feel like changing since I knew I had another coat to apply when I got home.  Still, this may be a sign that I should take a little more care with my appearance in 2014.

Too bad paint splattered-messy hair isn't in style right now.  I really do rock that look...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!