Sunday, December 29, 2013

Building a Playhouse

I built a house today.  Yes, you read that correctly, I BUILT A HOUSE!!  Okay, okay, well, I had some help.  My dad came over and helped my husband and I for a few hours.  But, really I was dedicated to this house.  We bought the girls this playhouse for Christmas.  I shopped around online for a while, but finally decided on this one that we found at Sam's Club.  I really did love the little Victorian that my mom picked out, but $2,000 for a playhouse wasn't in my budget.  This one came in at around $300 and we were lucky enough to have some family help out with the cost.
My husband is a great guy.  Devoted father, (he'll play ponies for hours) thoughtful husband, he even does most of the grocery shopping.  But, he's not the handiest guy in the world.  Lucky for him, he married me!  I know, sounds silly, but I love a good project.  Refinishing furniture, painting, putting together stuff, right up my alley.  We figured a little help couldn't hurt though, so we called Papa (my dad) and he came to lend a hand.
There's my dad and husband working on the base of the structure.  It came with brackets that were already attached, but just needed to be screwed together. This was a little tricky, but we got it pretty quick.  The roof went up with out a hitch (hehe)!
We had little helpers.  They were so excited.  They were so unhelpful. ;-)
The hardest part of the whole darn house was assembling this plastic mail box.  I finally got it after way too much time and maybe a bad word. (Not good since Ella repeated me.)  Oops!! 
It even came with a covered patio!
Lily Clare was pretty happy.  We haven't installed all the fixtures inside yet, and I'm not sure that we will.  It seems like they'll loose a lot of room if I put in the counter with the sink and stove.  We will see...

Anyway, I built a house today.  It's pretty great, right?!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!