Saturday, February 8, 2014

Plans for a Big Girl Room

My baby is growing up.  She turned two in December and since then I feel like she's gotten so big!  She is talking like crazy.  She's starting to potty train.  Just this week she gave up her pacifier!  I know we're going to be making the transition soon from nursery to big girl room, so I started to plan.  This week we took the side off of her crib and replaced it with a guard rail, so she doesn't fall out!
When I was pregnant with my second baby, I couldn't wait to find out if I was having a girl or boy.  When we found out we were expecting another girl, I got to work on her nursery right away.  I found the bedding for her crib at a resale shop that sells gently used baby items.  It was from Pottery Barn Kids, and I loved the pattern.  I would never have been able to afford to buy it from Pottery Barn, but I really got a great deal. For the rug, bed skirt, bumper, two sheets and the quilt I paid $100.  I found out the pattern was Daisy Garden, and splurged on the valances to match.  Since Ella was our second baby, I already had the crib and most of the gear that babies need, so a little splurge wasn't too far out of the budget.
I made the pom poms myself since mobiles are expensive. I wanted something with a bright pop of color for her to look at when she was laying down, and the pom poms were perfect.

She's loving the fact that she can climb in her bed and read and play with her dolls.  I know she'll be ready for a twin pretty soon.  I've been eyeing these headboards and dresser I saw at a local antique store.



They're pretty pricey, but they've been there for a while now, and I just may attempt to negotiate and make an offer on them.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I'm holding off until after our trip to Disneyland.  We will see... If it's meant to be, then it will work out. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!