Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Our Performance Leather Sofa 2 Months Later | A Few Spring Touches

Hi Friends.  It's been so beautiful and warm here the past few days Northern California that it already feels like spring.  Then I woke up to rain this morning.  Not complaining at all!  We desperately need the water!  But I was getting used to the 70 degree days and sunshine... The rain does give me and excuse to stay home today and get some things done inside.  And I thought I would share a little update with you on my sectional sofa that we bought a couple months ago.


If you remember, I hemmed and hawed between this p-leather sectional and the Ikea Ektop. {More of that story here...}  And after agonizing to the point of driving everyone around me crazy we finally settled on this one.


And I am soooo happy we did.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the Ektorp and really think it would be beautiful in my home, but the maintenance would have driven me insane.  I have a semi-mild case of OCD you see, and some things just make me crazy.  I know, I know, Ektorp lovers, you can wash slipcovers.  But... I can imagine I would be doing that every day.


If the dogs jump up with dirty paws, I can spray a little cleaner on a rag and wipe it off and it's good as new!  Milk spill? No worries!  Naked baby booty on the couch? No biggie!  Really, this couch has been so good for me!  Lol!  No more stress and no anxiety about pet hair or kid messes.  It's wonderful!

And two months later it still looks brand new.  And it's so comfortable.  The one thing that I will say took some getting used to is the dark brown color.  We have dark wood beamed ceilings and I was worried that the room might feel a little heavy with all the dark colors.  So, I went shopping for some new throw pillows and love how the lightened up the room.

I also have vases of daffodils around the house to brighten things up a bit.  They are so cheery and only $1.49/ 10 stems at Trader Joe's.






Anyhow that's how things are looking around my house!  Hoping you all are getting as excited about spring as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!