Friday, November 14, 2014

Crock Pot Poached Chicken

This is more of a tip than a recipe, but hopefully you'll find it as useful and versatile as I do!

I recently was at a friend's house and noticed a delicious smell coming from her crock pot.  I asked what she was making and she said just chicken.  She said she likes to put a couple of boneless, skinless breasts into the crock pot and cook them, then she shreds the meat and refrigerates or freezes it.  When it is time to make dinner she, pulls out a bag of shredded chicken and can put dinner together quickly.

What an awesome idea!  In all my years of cooking I had never thought of that!  Let me tell you, this is the MOST tender poached chicken I have ever made! I have gotten so much use out of this method.  I've made pasta with veggies and chicken, tacos, quesadillas, soups, sandwiches, ect, ect!

Here's what you need:

A crock pot, boneless skinless chicken breasts, {I usually cook between 4-6 breasts at a time}salt, pepper and, just because I use garlic in pretty much everything, a little granulated garlic,

Just place the chicken in the crock pot, season, and put on the lid.



I like the low and slow method and will cook my chicken on the lowest setting for several hours, usually 4-6 hours.  If you want to try the high setting, it can be done in about 2 hours, but you may need to add a little water so it doesn't dry out.

Leave me a comment if you try this tip, and let me know what you made with your fantastic crock pot poached chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!