Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Refurbishing a Toy Chest

About a month ago I spent the day thrift store shopping with my best friend. One of my many finds that day was this old toy chest. 


As you can see it is pretty dinged up. The hinges are broken and it is filthy inside. I knew it would be perfect!

One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

Well my family has had a couple of crazy busy weeks and I haven't even touched the chest. It's been sitting in my garage collecting dust and getting dirtier every day. Today I decided I couldn't put it off another day. With Ella just celebrating her birthday and getting a ton of new toys, and Christmas right around the corner, I knew I had to have a place to put all this stuff.

Taking a two year old to the hardware store is always an adventure, but I got my paint and two new hinges! Now I just need to get her down for a nap and I can get to work! Can't wait to share my progress & my finished project with you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!