Tuesday, April 25, 2017

DIY Countertop Update

Hi Friends! I just wanted to write a little post today updating you on how my countertops are holding up!  Back in October I had this genius idea to cover my ugly blue formica countertops with contact paper! I looked into some options, and while I liked the carerra marble paper available on Amazon, the price was a little out of my budget for something I wasn't sure would work.  So, I found some really cheap paper at Walmart and decided to give it a try.  You can read all about how I cut, measured, and applied the paper here.  Here are a few photos that I took on my iphone this morning...

DIY Countertop

DIY Kitchen Counter Makeover


It's been about 6 months now since I tackled this project and I get asked all the time how it's holding up and if I still like it.  My answer: pretty well and yes!  For how much this project cost (about $10) I would say I definitely got my money's worth.  Overall it still looks pretty decent.  If you get up close, you can see some of the seams where the paper overlaps, and there are a few areas where the paper is actually peeling off a little, especially around the sink where there's a lot of water and near the corners.




But I still think this is one of my favorite projects I've done.  It cost so little to do and only took a few hours of work.  The overall results are really amazing and not seeing that blue every day makes me a happy gal!

I hope this answers your questions!  Feel free to leave me a comment if you have more!


1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if you did the border and the counter in one piece or separately? Any tips on how you did that would be great. Mine are similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!