Sunday, September 18, 2016

Brussels Sprouts

Does anyone else besides me love brussles sprouts?  I'm not talking the mushy boiled mess that stinks.  I'm talking about the delicious, tasty not your mother's brussles sprouts.  This is one of those so easy you don't need a recipe dishes and it can be served as a side, or over some spaghetti and topped with parmesan cheese.  Sooo good!

spaghetti

If you shop at Trader Joe's this recipe will be a snap to put together.  If not, it may take a little more effort, but I promise it will be worth it.  You'll need a package of shredded brussles sprouts, one package of diced pancetta, 4-5 cloves of garlic thinly sliced, chili flakes (if desired) and olive oil.  I love using my cast iron skillet for this recipe (and nearly all recipes lately). Start by adding a tablespoon or two of olive oil to the pan and over medium heat.  Add the pancetta and brown until crispy, then add the sliced garlic and a pinch of chili flakes.  After the garlic softens and begins to turn golden, add the brussels sprouts.  When they begin to turn golden around some of the edges, they are done!  Like I said, a delicious fall side, or serve over some spaghetti and top with parm! Voila and enjoy!

spaghetti

spaghetti

I apologize for the slightly blurry pictures, the steam made if hard to capture a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!