Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gnocchi with Roasted Cauliflower

WFall is without a doubt my favorite time to get creative in the kitchen.  When the temperature outside drops and the air has a chill in the evenings, I tend to want to make big bowls of comfort food for my husband and me.  Notice I didn't include my kids, because if it isn't a peanut butter sandwich, a cheese quesadilla or some plain pasta, they look at me like I'm nuts if I try serving it to them.  But, if your kids aren't picky, then lucky you, and serve them up some of my delicious fall favorites!


This gnocchi with roasted cauliflower, bacon and pine nuts doesn't take long to put together and is really tasty!

Ingredients:
1 pkg of store bought gnocchi
6 strips of bacon cut into 1/2' pieces
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 small head of cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
1/4 cup of pine nuts
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup of gnocchi cooking water
olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder
chives

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Toss chopped cauliflower with olive oil until coated lightly (1-2 tbs) and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Cook until golden, about 20 mins.

While cauliflower is cooking, heat the water and cook gnocchi according to package instructions.

In a large skillet over med-high heat, add a little olive oil and add the bacon, garlic and pinch of pepper flakes.  When bacon is nearly cooked, add pine nuts and continue cooking until bacon is browned, then remove from pan and drain excess fat.

Once gnocchi is cooked according to package, drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.  Add gnocchi to the skillet bacon was cooked in and return to medium heat.  Add the bacon and pine nuts back to the gnocchi and add the roasted cauliflower as well.  Stir and add a little of the gnocchi cooking water to the skillet to make a light sauce.  Remove from heat, garnish with chives and serve immediately.

I hope you enjoy this tasty dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!