Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Summer Soba Noodle Salad


If you have not explored the word of the Asian Market, you are truly missing out.  I was first introduced to this experience when my husband, who is Japanese, and I got married.  Since then, I've become a huge fan! You can find so many ingredients at such reasonable prices, which makes it fun and easy to experiment with new recipes.  It's no secret that I'm a fan of noodles.  Whether we're talking about spaghetti, rice noodles, egg noodles... I love them all!  This Soba Noodle Salad is one of my experiments gone RIGHT!  It's delicious and very easy to make.  It makes a fantastic weeknight dinner, lunch or a potluck dish that is sure to impress!




Ingredients:
2 bundles of Soba Noodles prepared according to package directions
4 mini red/yellow bell peppers
2 cups of greens, shredded (I love using the Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch Collection lettuce blend)
1 cup (or big handful) of bean sprouts
Your favorite Spicy Peanut Salad dressing (Trader Joe's has a great one)
2 tbs of sesame oil
handful of cilantro
1/4 cup of roasted peanuts roughly chopped

Directions:
When your soba noodles have cooked, drain and rinse well in cold water.  Transfer them to a large bowl and add 2 tbs of sesame oil and toss well.  Add about 1/4 cup of your Spicy Peanut Salad dressing and toss again.  Add your greens, bean sprouts and peppers and continue to toss.  If you need a little more dressing, add a little at a time until the noodles and veggies are coated, but not drenched!  Transfer your salad to a  pretty serving dish and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.  Voila!  You have an amazing simple salad!

Tip: If you are serving this for dinner, add some diced rotisserie chicken or cooked shrimp!

Here's are pics of the salad blend, soba noodles and salad dressing I use.




And here are a few more of the finished product...




I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!