Wednesday, April 29, 2015

One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles

I've seen a lot or one pot pasta recipes on Pinterest lately.  I even tried a few.  Then I cam up with one all on my own.  My daughter loves noodles.  I was trying to come up with a different way of making them since we were all a little tired of macaroni and cheese. This recipe is so fast!  Plus it can easily be jazzed up for grownups or left simple for the kiddos.  And it really does only take one pot!



Ingredients:
8 oz of thin spaghetti or angle hair noodles
2 cups of chicken broth
2 tbs of butter
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Melt butter and add garlic. (I love using those little frozen garlic cubes.)  Saute butter for a minute or two, then add the chicken broth.  As soon as it begins to simmer add the noodles.  I used angel hair this time but I actually like the thin spaghetti a little better.  I find that it doesn't "gum up" as much.  If you use angel hair cook for about 3 minutes.  If' you use the thin spaghetti it takes about 6 minutes.  Stir every minute or so.  If the pasta absorbs the liquid too quickly you can add a little more broth.  After 3 (or 6) minutes, reduce heat to low and stir in milk and parmesan, again if it starts to get clumpy or is too thick you can add a little more broth to thin it out. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.  I like to add cherry tomatoes and a little basil and sometimes a little rotisserie chicken, but you can get creative with your toppings.









It's nice to have a fast go to dinner or lunch for your little ones (and big ones) and I promise, you won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!