Friday, January 30, 2015

Sneak Peek at my Dresser Makeover

On Monday I stopped in at my favorite thrift store.  As always, I checked out the furniture section. This dresser spoke to me.


You may think that sounds crazy, but that's sort of how it works for me.  I see a piece of furniture and I know immediately that I have to have it.

It was solid, in great shape and I loved the pulls.  At $60 it was a little pricier than I usually go, but I knew I had the stuff at home to pull off the makeover so I wouldn't have to spend any extra money.

A fabulous friend of mine did me the awesome favor of picking it up since it was way to big to fit in my SUV.

I knew as soon as I saw the dresser that it had to be painted black.  My inspiration was Michael Kors handbags.  I love the black and gold glam look.


I was stuck in my time warp on this piece and was able to knock it out in two days.  That does not mean it was easy, just that I worked non-stop for two days!


It turned out great!  I ended up bringing the small dresser my husband uses down stairs to the entry way and rearranging my master bedroom. I borrowed my dad's good camera today and will be taking some higher quality pictures soon. I am also putting together a post on the steps I took to pull this make over off, but for now I hope you enjoyed a sneak peek at my latest project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!