Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pumpkins

Here in Northern California we aren't experiencing much of a fall, as of yet.  The high yesterday was 97 degrees and the 5 day forecast is 90+.  Of course, the heat wave didn't stop me and the kids from heading out to Davis Ranch to pick up a load of pumpkins. 


I basically let the girls choose all of the pumpkins.  I have to say, they did a great job.  We got quite a variety.  Green, red, white orange, small, big, warts and all.




They wanted to carve them right away, but since Halloween is still a few weeks away, that would not be a good idea.  We settled for painting them.  There was a little mishap with the glitter, but they turned out pretty cute.  This is one of the ones my mom did.





I hope you all have as much fun picking out and decorating your pumpkins as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!