Saturday, October 18, 2014

Turkey Chili

I was searching my blog the other day for recipes that reminded me of fall and I realized I did not have my Turkey Chili recipe posted!  Since it's one of my favorites, and something you must make, I knew it had to be the next recipe I would share with you!  As an added bonus, I woke up to heavy rain this morning!  Something to celebrate here in Sacramento, where it has been bone dry for far too long.  This chili is the perfect food for this weather, so, without further ado...






Ingredients:
1 lb of lean ground turkey
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 pkg of taco seasoning (I like Trader Joe's brand)
1 pkg of ranch seasoning mix
olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Suggested garnish toppings:
sour cream
cilantro
tortilla chips
cheddar cheese

Directions:
Brown turkey in a heavy bottom pot (such as a dutch oven) over medium heat with a little olive oil in the pan.  Once the turkey begins to brown add the onions and garlic.  Cook until the turkey is nearly cooked though, then add the taco seasoning and mix well.  Add the tomatoes, beans and ranch seasoning.  Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together. Serve in large bowls and garnish with your choice of suggested toppings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!