Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mango Lime Chicken Wings & Coconut Rice

I don't know about you, but when it's insanely hot out I don't feel much like cooking in the evening. I'd do nearly anything to avoid heating my kitchen up when it's 107 degrees outside. If that means the kids have toaster waffles or cereal for dinner, so be it. It also means that I'm willing to do a little extra meal planning. This wings are easy to make and just take a few minutes of prep. And, if you have a BBQ then you won't have to cook anything inside in the evening.

chicken coconut recipes

Ingredients for chicken:
wings
mango dressing from Trader Joe's
lime
cilantro for garnish if desired

Ingredients for rice:
frozen Jasmine rice from Trader Joe's
lime
coconut milk
salt


First I start by marinading 15-20 frozen chicken wings (we buy 'em at Costco) in this Mango dressing-it's really tasty, overnight. They thaw and take on the yummy flavors and are ready to go in the oven in the morning. 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Take them out and let them cool, cover with foil and refrigerate until dinner time. Then just heat up the grill, spray with cooking spray and grill them for 5 mins on each side until you get those pretty grill lines, remove from the grill and squeeze a little fresh lime on top, and that's it!!!!
salad dressing

Ok, for the rice, let me just say, Trader Joe's frozen Jasmine rice is so convenient. I don't mind making rice normally, but when you can pop a bag in the microwave for 3 minutes and have perfect Jasmine rice... I mean why wouldn't you? I add a squeeze of fresh lime and about 1/4 cup of coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Simple and delicious. Serve with wings and whatever veggie you want.  I grilled up a bunch of asparagus because that's what I had.  Voila! Dinner in no time and my kitchen is nice and cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!