Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Updated Home Tour

Hey guys, hope you are all having a fantastic day! A while back I shared on my blog with you that we are expecting our third baby girl in January! We are so excited!!

The nesting phase has officially set in (it's sort of just my personality anyway!) and I have been a busy bee making changes around the house in preparation for our new arrival.

One of the biggest changes that we made over the last year was switching our daughters bedrooms around and moving our bedroom down stairs. Here is the original post, but since this was such a big change, I thought I'd talk a little more about it...

Lily Claire and Ella, now 8 and 4, had been asking to share a bedroom for a while, but although we have a 4 bedroom house, finding enough room for all the toys, book shelves,  two beds, ect. was going to be a challenge unless we gave them our bedroom.  So that's what we decided to do, and it has worked out beautifully.

There is so much more storage for all their toys and things upstairs.  We even had enough room to make one of the cupboards a craft cupboard!  It has been great having all their toys and stuff off the main floor and out of sight.  And, they love sharing a room!

I actually love having my room downstairs so much better and my husband agrees. If one of us needs to get up to let a dog out in the middle of the night it is much easier, and my husband, who is a very heavy sleeper, doesn't fall down the stairs anymore when he gets up in the middle of the night.

Since we moved downstairs, one of the sacrifices we made was giving up our master bathroom.  That hasn't been that big of a deal since the hall bath is literally just across from our bedroom, but I did give it a little update so it feels more like a grown up space.

The next big project we tackled was making a space for the baby.  Since the girls are upstairs, that left three bedrooms down stairs.  One for us, one we used as a guest bedroom and one we had set up as an office.  Well the office never got used, except to store bills and school papers, so that is the room we decided to turn into a nursery.


The space was a little tricky and I plan to do a full post with all the changes we made, hopefully next week, but here is a little sneak peak and what used to be the office.

One last change I wanted to share with you before you head out the door (metaphorically speaking) is our entry way.  With the lack of an office, and some very dedicated book lovers living here, we needed to make a new home for our book shelf.  Since the nursery had two entry ways, one being right off the front door entrance, we decided to block off that door and hide it with the book case.  It worked out perfectly and unless you have been over before, you would never know that there is a door behind it!

We also added two shoe cabinets (three girls live here, soon to be four and we love shoes!) from Ikea to the entry way and I wanted to show you those too.  These have been life changing and I can't believe we waited so long to get them.  Seriously I could write an entire post about these cabinets (and I might!).  They are narrow enough that they don't take up much room, but they store tons of shoes and they are super cute!

I hope you liked seeing all the changes we've been making around here!  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!