Saturday, November 5, 2016

Favorite Fall Sandwich

Does anyone else get excited about turkey sandwiches this time of year???  I can't be the only one, right? I'm making a grocery list and thinking about food (big surprise, huh?) and this sandwich is on my mind.  I thought I'd share it with you again, incase you are new to the blog or haven't made it yet. And if you think you have to wait until after Thanksgiving to make it, with the leftover turkey, think again.  Many stores have prepared roasted turkey and fresh cranberry sauce on hand in the deli (I know Trader Joe's does!) and those work perfectly for this yummy sandwich.

Ingredients:
Ciabatta Rolls
Roasted Turkey sliced
Cranberry-Orange Relish
Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
 
Directions:
Pre-heat your Panini press, or if you do not have one heat a skillet and have another heavy skillet or brick wrapped in aluminum foil ready.  Assemble sandwiches by slicing ciabatta rolls in half, smearing with cranberry-orange relish and adding cheese and turkey to the sandwiches.  Place in your Panini press and leave until bread his heated through and cheese is melted. If you don't have a Panini press place sandwiches in the skillet and press down with heavy bottomed pan or brick, turning over after a few minutes.   I served my sandwiches with the delicious squash soup that I blogged about yesterday.  These sandwiches are soooo good!  Did I already mention that....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!