Saturday, July 12, 2014

Painted Credenza

Yesterday I posted the recipe that I use for Chalk Paint.  I've used it on quite a few projects now, and I have always been pleased with the results.  I recently picked up a credenza (love that word!) at a local thrift store.  I always get excited when I find a good deal, and since it was only $35 I was especially thrilled.  I mean, you can't even get a piece of furniture at Ikea for that price!  And this piece is solid, let me tell you!  It was built to last.  I knew when I bought it that I wanted to give it a "make over" but with our busy summer schedules I wasn't able to get to it right away.  Last week I finally had a free afternoon and was able to sneak over to the hardware store and grab a can of paint.  In a matter of hours I had achieved the desired look.  I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the results!  Here's a look at the before!

And here's the after!

Here's a few during!  It's been too hot to paint outside, so I brought my drop cloth in and painted in the dining room.

The lighting in this room is really not conducive to shoot good photos, so I apologize for the quality.
Again, a bit grainy, but you get the idea.
Here's an up close of how using wax can really give a distressed patina to the paint.
I decided not to paint the inside of the cabinets.  I like the way the dark wood contrasts with the grey paint.
What do you think?  Want more info about Chalk Paint and Wax?  Check out my other posts and the get the recipe here!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!