Thursday, April 5, 2018

Social Media & What I Share

I've received several messages lately and I want to take a minute to address the questions and comments I keep getting here on my blog.  First off, this is MY blog.  I get quite a few comments or questions about it sticking to one type of Blog/Instagram Account/Facebook account.  While I realize that my blog name is Lily's E'Claires, I want to be clear that my blog is not all about making pastries.  Lily Claire is my oldest daughter.  I love to cook and I wanted to share recipes with people who may enjoy them.  I also love home decor and my family.  I don't want to have separate accounts for all of these things, because I would drive myself crazy switching back and forth from site to site and I feel it's a waste of my time and just not what I'm all about.

I have had comments made about my page that I should "stick to food" or "Why do you share so many pictures of people?" or "you'd be more successful if you stick to one color palate."  Let's be clear here.  Yes, I do make a small amount of money off my blog, but I have no intention of changing it in any way to make other people happy.

I want to share recipes.  I want to share my home.  I want to share my family.  Sometimes I want to share my garden or an honest review of a product, or a story that made me laugh.  If you are somehow offended that I don't share enough of one thing, please don't worry about following me.  It won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to be friends on Instagram.

And no, I won't be switching to sharing only interior design, or open a separate account to share pics of my kids.  This is MY life, my creative outlet and I will choose what I wish to share.  And if you like what I share, thanks!  I appreciate the love! 💙

family, food, home

family, food, home

Family, food, home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!