Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Quick Office Makeover

The title of the blog post is Quick Office Makeover.  I suppose that is true, however, I started out intending for this to be a quick rearrangement of furniture, but ended up spending most of one day moving things and reorganizing the entire space (not as quick as intended, but quick indeed for the results).  My 12 year old niece has been staying with us for the past few weeks and since we have our spare room set up as an office instead of a guest bedroom, we just threw and air mattress down on the floor and called it good.  Since she's going home today I decided I needed to tackle cleaning up the office and decided I might as well rearrange the furniture while I had my niece here to help.

Well... it ended up taking most of the day and turned into one of those spiraling projects.  You know what I mean, right?  You just wanted to move the book case, but then you decide that you have too many books on it anyway.  Then you realize that you would rather have some of the books in the closet, but there is no space for books in the closet, so you have to take everything out of the closet to make space, then you realize that you really would rather have the card catalog that holds craft and office supplies in the closet anyway, and it would be lovely to have your grandmother's vintage sewing machine within reach so you can fix that strap from your daughter's dress that ripped last week....

Yes, that's how my mind works, which I know leans toward the obsessive side, and makes it virtually impossible to get anything else done until I've completed the project.  Who needs food? water? a shower?

Anyhow, back to the point, which is, I rearranged my office today.  And my craft closet. And I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

Here's a little before with the air mattress on the ground.




I'm still stuck with my iphone camera, but I think you can see the improvement! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!