Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pear & Pomegranate Salad

Wow,  Thanksgiving really snuck up on me this year!  I think I've shared this before, but we spend Thanksgiving Day at my mom's house, across town, which means I don't actually have anything to be responsible for.  We just get to show up and eat!  That doesn't mean that I don't sympathize with the rest of you, and in honor of all the cooks out there prepping their turkeys, slicing veggies, ect, I came up with this quick side salad.  It would also be a great dish if you are responsible for bringing a side!



Ingredients:
1 bag of mixed baby greens
1/2 a pomegranate, seeded
1 pear sliced thinly
1 cup of toasted pecans
2 oz of blue cheese, goat cheese or sharp white cheddar in chucks
Favorite dressing (I love TJ's pear & gorgonzola for this salad!)

Directions:
Layer the lettuce across the bottom of the salad bowl.  Top with pears, pomegranate seeds, pecans and cheese.  Right before serving toss with dressing.  Should serve 6 adults.

I hope all you cooks out there get a good night's rest and have the best of luck with feast preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!