Saturday, March 24, 2018

Spring Living

I've been working on a spring home tour for a while, but of course, keeping all the rooms clean enough to photograph all at once is impossible with kids.

rustic farm house

Instead of sharing the whole house, I'm sharing a couple of pictures of the main room in our house.  We don't have a separate family room or den in our house.  Just this one main room.  It's our dining room and where we all hang out as a family and watch tv together.  I love this room, but constantly struggle with keeping the space light and bright.  The dark ceilings can be hard to work with.  And, although I love our performance leather sofa for the convenience of being able to literally wipe it off with a clorox wipe, it is a large dark piece of furniture.  Throw pillows and a soft plush ivory rug are really important to lighten things up in here.

entry way

These shoe bins from IKEA were one of the best organizational pieces we've ever incorporated into our home.  The kids each have two drawers, which makes getting ready for school in the morning so much easier when no one has to scramble to search for a missing shoe.  I'm also loving this new runner we found at Target for the entry way.  We have a smaller matching rug in front of the back door as well.

storage, organization

A gallery wall with family photos and art lines the entry wall and welcomes people into our cozy home.

ironstone, hutch, farm house

We are still loving this new dining table we had made for the space.  I know that a rug under it would be a good choice, design wise, but we have three kids and between spills and crumbs, I just can't bring myself to put down a rug. 

fiddle leaf fig

Moving the credenza, pictured above, to the wall behind the dining table and placing the old hutch cabinet on top was one of my favorite changes I've made to this space recently.  It opened up this side of the room and allows a lot more light in through this window.  Some low stools and a plant add some extra seating when we have company and the plant brings life to the room.  I am a really big fan of adding plants, even faux, or fresh flowers to a space.  I feel like they bring life to a room, plus they make me happy.

I hope these pictures inspire you to incorporate some fresh spring touches around your home this weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!