Sunday, February 18, 2018

New Dining Table


Right after Christmas I decided I wanted to redo some things in our home.  With a newly walking baby and all the stuff that comes with, I just felt like our home needed more space.  Since there's so quick fix for that I decided that simplifying and rearranging things would have to happen.  Our main living space is completely open, dining and living.  I used to have a hutch against one wall and a credenza (buffet) against the window.  I was also feeling the need to have a little less painted furniture.  I feel like my style is revolving and I was no longer in love with my dining table and bench.  So, impulsively, I listed it on a Facebook website and it sold right away. 

I was really interested in a rustic farmhouse table, but I couldn't find any in stores that were the right dimensions for my room, they were all too long.  I was searching an online garage sale site for furniture when I stumbled upon someone who makes custom pieces at VERY reasonable prices.  I was sold!  I contacted her and within two weeks I had a new table and bench.  I like a bench on one side of the table, as it's easy for the kids and I can fit 3-4 easily on it, but I like chairs on the other side, and of course, my existing chairs just didn't match.  Luckily, I found some at World Market that were affordable and work great! 

Next, I moved the credenza to the wall my hutch was formerly on and placed the top part of the hutch (both were chalk painted in the same color) on the credenza.  It looks like it was always meant to be this way. Now we have storage in the bottom part of the hutch and it actually looks so much better on this wall, as it's taller now and makes more of a statement.  We love how it all turned out.  I moved the clock I had in the living room to this wall because it was the perfect color and size for the space.



What do you think about how it all turned out?  Do you ever get the impulse to sell a bunch of stuff and redecorate?  There's something so freeing about letting stuff go and simplifying.  If you live in the Sacramento area and want a custom table message me and I'd be happy to pass on the carpenter's info! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!