Friday, July 28, 2017

Lily Claire & Ella's New Bedroom

A few months ago I started noticing that my girls were getting older and that there was a lot of stuff in their bedroom that they didn't use or play with anymore. I also started thinking that the paint, bedding and decor in general could really use a change up and a more "grown up" feel.  I scrolled through lots of photos on Instagram with my oldest daughter, and she picked one room that she loved, by @nestingwithgrace. It was also a shared bedroom space in a similar style room with the sloped ceiling. It had a very cute eclectic vibe and I fell in love.  If you haven't checked out Brooke's feed, please do! It's so cute and cozy.

I started collecting pieces for the "re-do" for the last 2 months, and then, finally, the last two weeks, while Lily Claire was on a trip to Paris with her Grandma, Ella and I got busy on the room.

We painted the walls a color called Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams, and the beds are painted in Four Winds by Valspar. I found the desk at a thrift store and painted it with Valspar's Gentle Blush.

The prints and wall hooks are from Ikea.

The vintage beds I found on Cragislist and the dresser and doll cradle are thrift store finds. The duvets are from Ikea, large pattern pillows are Ikea, pink velvet pillows Burlington Coat Factory, the bed skirt is from a shower curtain I bought years ago at Anthropologie, I love it, but id doesn't match the paint color in our bathroom. I cut it apart and used a staple gun to staple it to the undersides of the bed.



The pink bins desperately need to be replaced, but Ikea doesn't carry pink ones anymore and the other color options wouldn't match this room, so I'm still on the look out for a good replacement.

I made the mobile with leftover felt and fishing wire.

Most of the art and accessories were collected over time or gifted to the girls. I really love the way the room turned out. It still has a whimsical feel to it, but seems more "grown up" now. 

What do you all think???






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!